Sunday, October 11, 2009

Vatican Applauds Obama Peace Prize

"The awarding of the Nobel Prize for Peace to President Obama is greeted with appreciation in the Vatican, in light of the commitment demonstrated by the President for the promotion of peace in the international arena, and in particular also recently in favor of nuclear disarmament. It's hoped that this very important recognition will further encourage that commitment, which is difficult but fundamental for the future of humanity, so that the desired results will be obtained."
Catholic Femina Speaks: When I learned that Obama received the Nobel Prize for Peace, I was disgusted! When I learned that the Vatican radio applauded this award I was shocked! The Vatican radio is not the Pope, this is the commentator's view and does not speak for the Church. Obama is seeking to fund more abortions than any other American president. I feel that the Nobel Prize no longer bears credibility and means nothing.

1 comment:

  1. As you I was shocked at this story and Im still not sure what to think. Maybe we should have given Hitler an award for restructuring Germany.

    ReplyDelete