Tuesday, September 15, 2009

MTV Does Worship Satan


The 2009 Video Music Awards on MTV were held this passed week... No one expected the night to be an evening of Christian virtue. The media has been in an uproar over Kanye West's outburst during Taylor Swift's award acceptance. West was in the wrong, he appeared on the new Jay Leno Show to apologize and stumbled over his words.Historically West has behaved poorly, it was a shame that it had to take away from Swift's award. This instance has grown so out of proportion that president Obama came out to call West a "Jackass;"(and he did not mean democrat...) I am ashamed that our president would resort to name calling; and it shows America that Obama is not much better than West.
The most disturbing part of the evening has been over-looked by the liberal media and the unchristian president... Jack Black lead a prayer to Satan. Black was promoting a new video game: Brütal Legend "Dear Dark Lord Satan" to bless the rock star nominees with "continued success in the music industry." Singers and attendees held hands and bowed in prayer. The display was abhorrent. Many are calling the ploy a humorous joke, but this move offensive and the whole thing has been ignored. Christian Press
Catholic Femina Speaks: Invoking Satan is no joke, Ouija boards, tarot cards, and especially praying to Satan offend God. I feel sorry for the embarrassment of Taylor Swift, but I am more concerned with the offensive actions towards Christians every where. These artists literally sold their soul to the devil praying to him, and asking him to give them success. The actions of Jack Black need to be addressed and the Video Music Awards should apologize to Christians; but the media is not talking about that, and Obama didn't call them a "jacka$$!" Christians are readily persecuted by the liberal media and no one takes note any longer. Actions such as these cannot be ignored any longer and Christians need to contempt for this behavior

4 comments:

  1. I agree! I was dumbfounded by this when I heard it!!! and no noe is even commenting on it!!! How far away from God has this country turned???

    ReplyDelete
  2. I see the point in your post, and I agree to an extent. However, I am not offended by Jack Black's actions, his actions are his alone. The last thing we need is to "address" yet another issue.

    When one comedian facetiously prays to Satan, I don't consider it a persecution of my beliefs. He obviously feels that that is a subject to be taken lightly, and it's his right to.

    I don't know, maybe it's just me, but if I disagree with something, I just change the channel. People in this country foster this oversensitivity about issues of how other people treat their faith. In the end, I may not agree with Jack Black, but I'll defend his right to pray to whoever he wants, even if it is to sell a videogame like Brutal Legend.

    And in reference to Pres. Obama's remarks, just because he is a public figure, doesn't mean he is can't have an opinion. President Bush was known to frequently shout vulgar obscenities and has, as YouTube has shown us, been known to flip off a recording camera. A lot worse than calling Kanye West what he actually is.

    Either way, very nice post & blog :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hadn't heard about this "prayer" by Jack Black. Thank you for posting this. I'm headed over to YouTube to check it out.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I know this is kinda old, but Taylor Swift was not an "innocent victim" here. She was clearly a willing participant in an occult initiation ritual.

    ReplyDelete