Wierd News: Frosty Shrapnel Removed from Man's Lung
RALEIGH, N.C. - Doctors say a North Carolina man who was plagued with coughing fits should be OK now that they have removed a 1-inch piece of plastic from his lung, where it had rested since he apparently inhaled it nearly two years ago while sucking down a soft drink at a Wendy's restaurant. Doctors at Duke University Medical Center say the plastic fragment of an eating utensil — with the Wendy's logo still legible on the side — was likely to blame for the coughing, fatigue and pneumonia spells that plagued John Manley for almost two years. They pulled the fast-food foreign object from Manley's left lung during a Sept. 10 surgery. The 50-year-old Wilmington resident said he probably inhaled it while gulping a drink from Wendy's. NBC
Catholic Femina Speaks: He inhaled the end of his spoon while drinking his frosty?!! If this was a flavor it would be Shrapnel. I love Frosties, but I don't ever eat the spoon... I guess this was a die hard Wendy's fan. This gives a whole new meaning to the phrase "fast food kills!"
I am an energetic wife and mother of two, who loves the Catholic faith. Currently working as a High School Youth Minister gives me an amazing opportunity to brush up on my faith everyday. I wrote the "Faculty In Focus" column, and various articles for the "Ave Maria Angelus" from May 2006-June 2007. I have been published in "One Voice." In 2006 I received a B.A. in Theology from Ave Maria University.